Helix Production Facilities participates with the offshore oil & gas producers through negotiated contracting, infrastructure ownership, and reservoir equity interests. Our goal is to provide clients with creative and innovative offshore oil & gas development solutions which provide significant economic, schedule, and quality advantages. Our specialty and primary area of focus is Marginal Prospects. Key building blocks for development projects include:
- A Full-Field Development Focus
- Helix-Owned Production Infrastructure which is leased to the producer
- Relatively Short Minimum Lease Terms
- Bundled Marine Contracting Services
- Alignment of Helix and Producer interests.
Helix Marginal Prospect Development strategies can be broken-down broadly into Area-wide or Re-Deployable.
- Area-Wide — this strategy looks to build a hub facility that ties-back and processes production from multiple area prospects.
- Re-Deployable — this strategy utilizes a floating production system that can produce and deplete marginal fields within a relatively short time frame (3 to 5 years) and then be moved to a new location to repeat the process.